20 Aug OrganoVIR is looking for an intern!
OrganoVIR is an Innovative Training Network (ITN) that is funded by the European Commission. The network consists out of 15 international partners (who are experts in the field of virology, organoid technology, ethics, policy, business, education and communication) and 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs).
The goal of OrganoVIR is to train our ESRs to become the next generation of researchers that are capable of innovating virus research in the EU. Our collective mission is to transform the virology landscape and establish human organoids as superior models for virus research.
The project is headed by coordinators Katja Wolthers and Dasja Pajkrt and managed by Angelica Reitsma, who together form OrganoVIR’s Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
To support the communication and management tasks in the PMO, we are looking for an intern for 32 hours per week. We require a minimum of 4 months availability with a preferred starting date in mid-September 2020. However, the starting date can be negotiated.
What will you be doing?
You will be:
- Contributing to the overall development and implementation of OrganoVIR’s communication plans (for both internal and external stakeholders)
- Assisting in the management of the OrganoVIR and Organoid Center website
- Assisting in the writing of content for both the OrganoVIR and Organoid Center website as well as OrganoVIR’s social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube)
- Assisting in the organization of (online) events
- Assisting in project management related activities
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an intern who:
- Is currently doing their (science) communication, media or project management studies (MBO/HBO/WO)
- Has good knowledge of the English language, both in writing and speaking
- Has good communication skills
- Has experience with social media
- Has experience with WordPress
- Has the ability to work well in small teams, as well as independently
- Is ambitious and likes to take initiative
- Is allowed to work in the Netherlands
What can we offer you?
We can offer:
- Experience working in an innovative and international environment
- An opportunity to learn about (science) communication and project management
- A chance to work in a driven team that is excited to help you grow
Interested in joining the OrganoVIR team? Then please send your CV and Motivation Letter to Angelica Reitsma (email@example.com) before the 4th of September 2020.
Do you have any questions? Send an email to Angelica Reitsma and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.